WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY -2016
October 8, 2016
The Department of Psychology, M.G College Trivandrum celebrated World Mental health day on 6 th and 7th of October 2016. The topic of this year’s Mental Health Day was ‘Psychiatric Emergencies’. For the occasion, the department invited Dr. Rahul V.R, Educational Psychologist and Assistant Professor at the Government Teachers Education Centre, Trivandrum, to give a small introduction to the BSc students about the topic and also to make them realize the emerging importance of General Psychology in today’s world. The department also held a Kite making and Kite flying session. Each kite contained an important message to the others about the importance of mental health and the need to make people realize that mental health is just as important as physical health. The student also organized a street play, depicting a very common story of today’s youth, who are distracted from their goals by the vices of lust, addiction and delirium and imparts the message of ‘Chitta Vritti Nirodh’ ie; keeping your mind and life clean from bad thoughts. The Psychology quarterly newsletter ‘The Mind’ was also published on this occasion. Also, as a part of the mental health day celebrations, the III DC BSc Psychology students screened documentaries related to abnormal psychology and disorders like OCD, GAD, Phobia and Medical Student Syndrome. The department visited the NGO S.I.C.K (St. Ignatius Charity Kendra) which is a psychosocial rehabilitation centre for the mentally ill patients. Cultural programs and games were held for the inmates. The lunch for the inmates and staff of S.I.C.K and the students was sponsored by SBT Bank.
- Au Courant - The Economic Fest 2017
- Book release of Dr Nanthyath Gopalakrishnan by Sri Adoor Gopalakrishnan
- Department of History conducted various programs
- Department of Psychology conducted Relaxation Training for teachers
- Discussion on Gender Equality by Department of Psychology
- Inauguration of Tourism Club
- Nanduni folklore Club Nattarang
- NATIONAL CONFERENCE - PSYCHOTECHNIQUA EAST AND WEST
- National Seminar on Developing Countries and Changing Global Scenario
- National Service Scheme in collaboration with Physical Education Department coordinated "RAKSHA" Programme for Girls. Training was given in Martial Arts to girls for their physical and mental Development.
- NSS camp Inaugurated by DGP Mr. Vijayan IPS and Magician Muthucad on 20th March, 2015 at MG College .
- POLIVU annual celebrations of keralappiravi
- Quiz Club Screening Test
- Ramayanotsavam by Department of Malayalam
- Vayalar anusmaranam by department of psychology and sociology
- Wetland day observation and quiz competition
- World Mental health Day Celebrations 2015
- ‘MEET AN OUTSTANDING ALUMNI’ by Sociology Department