Attendance and Leave of Absence
• Attendance will be taken at the end of each period.
• Students shall not be allowed to leave the class without the permission of the teacher.
• Late-comers shall enter the class only with the permission of the teacher.
• Students are not permitted to absent themselves from classes without leave. Leave applications endorsed by the parent shall be submitted to the Principal duly recommended by the group tutor/the Head of the Department.
• Absence during a period shall be treated as absence from a session either forenoon or afternoon and absence for two periods from two sessions as absence for the whole day.
• Leave on health grounds shall be supported by medical certificate
• Absence of a student without leave for more that 15 consecutive working days will entail removal of his/her name from the rolls.
• Those who absent from test-papers/Terminal Examinations shall be liable to disciplinary actions.
• Statements of monthly / termly attendance will be published and intimated to parent / guardian. Complaints, if any on the part of the student may be submitted to the Principal in writing.
APPLICATION FOR LEAVE
1. A student requiring leave for only an hour or a portion of an hour shall apply for it to the teacher concerned, before the period begins.
2. A student who requires leave for a whole session or more must apply for it in writing to the Principal through the class tutor.
3. Application for leave of absence, (in the model given) should reach the class tutor before 10.00 a.m. of the day for which leave is applied for.
APPLICATION FOR LEAVE FORMAT
1 Name and local address of the applicant :
2 Class/Subject/Batch :
3 Class number :
4 Period and date of absence for which leave is required :
5 Reason for absence :
6 Whether there is any examination, test paper or assignment on the day :
7 Counter signature of the guardian :
8 Tutor’s recommendation :
9 Principal’s order :