College has genral library and also every depatment has deparmental library
- The books will be issued to students from the Central Library as per the schedule arranged by the librarian.
- Number of books a student can borrow at a time from the library
|This number can be revised as per the advice of the library advisory Committee after considering total number of books available in the library and the total number of students in the college.|
|Same as the above.|
- Books borrowed from the Central Library must be returned within a fortnight and they can be renewed for a further period of seven days if no one else has applied for the same books.
- (a) Absence from college will not be accepted as an excuse for not returning the books in time.
(b)If the due date for return of books falls on weekends or holidays the book must be returned on the next working day.
(c) Books borrowed for use during Onam, Christmas and summer vacations should be returned not later than third day after the reopening of the college.
(d) Annual Stock Verification – All the books borrowed from the Central Library by students and members of teaching and non-teaching staff must be returned by the first of March every year for the annual physical stock verification of the library.
- (a) Failure to return a book on or before the due date entails the student to pay a fine of one rupee per day of delay for each book.
(b) Failure to pay fine in time will result in the forfeiture of the right to borrow books till fines are paid.
(c) Transfer Certificate will be issued and caution deposit refunded only after the clearing all the dues to the library.
- (a) A member of the teaching staff is allowed to borrow Ten books at a time from the Central Library.
(b) Members of the non-teaching staff are allowed to borrow three books at a time from the Central Library.
- (a) All books should be returned in time for the annual physical stock verification in March every year.
(b) A member of staff who takes leave must return all the books borrowed from the Library before proceeding on leave.
- Disfiguring the pages, scribbling on pages, tearing pages, spoiling and injuring of binding will be held as serious damage to books and in such cases they are either to be replaced by new copies or get bound by the borrowers as the case may be.
- For loss of books the following procedure will be followed:- as per G.O.1028/A3/93.H.Edn.dated 28/05/1993.
(1). If new edition or copies of the lost books are available with the book suppliers, the book has to be replaced by a new one.
(2).If the lost book is not available for replacement the value of the lost book will be realized at the following rates.
(a) Ten times the face value of the books which are published prior to 1946.
(b) Six times face value of the books which are published, prior to 1970.
(c) Three times the face value of the books in all other cases.
(d) If the book value cannot be ascertained from the Library Stock Registers compensation will be fixed on the basis of the market price of similar publication at the time of fixation.
- Sub-lending and transferring of books to other person’s name are not allowed.
- Books from the reference section shall not be taken outside the Library.
- Strict silence should be observed in the Library. Personal belonging such as umbrellas, bags, Tiffin carriers, etc. are not allowed to be kept in the Library. Smoking, sleeping and indecorous behaviour are prohibited inside the Library. The use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside the Library.
- In all matters regarding the Library the decision of the Principal shall be final.
15.23.1. Guidelines in fixing Liability for Missing Books.
(As per Govt. Circular No: 27855/A3/2000/H.E dn. dated 8/12/2000)
- The responsibilities for the missing books from the Library should be fixed on each individual strictly with reference to the duties and responsibilities of each individual working in the Library.
- The entire staffs working in the Library is responsible for the proper accounting of the books and other articles in the Library.
- The maximum number of books that can be written off in a year is 0.5% of the books in circulation.
- The Library staff will be responsible for the loss of books in excess of the admissible number and the cost of such books will be recovered from the Library staff in equal shares.
- The person who are transferred out of the institution on transfer or promotion will be relieved of their duties on executing and undertaking to the effect that liabilities if any fixed on them in respect of the missing books during the period they have worked in the institution would be remitted by them and this position will be shown in the relieving order.